Policies not applying to all new TeamViewer Host installations

Options
Ian_Bowden
Ian_Bowden Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited June 2022 in Deployment & Integrations

We have removed TeamViewer Host across all machines and re-deployed via InTune using the following command:

/qn APITOKEN=XXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX CUSTOMCONFIGID=XXXXXXX ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS=--grant-easy-access

We've found that most devices are being assigned the 'Servicedesk' policy we've created, but some machines don't have anything assigned at all. The workaround is to uninstall and re-install via the Company Portal, which seems to fix the issue, but there are too many to do this to and I just want it to work automatically.

What might be causing the policy to assign to most but not all new TeamViewer Host installations?

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hi @Ian_Bowden, hi @TVMB,

Thank you for posting here. πŸ™Œ

I asked our engineers about the issue you reported regarding policies not being applied on all devices.

It seems that the modules you are using might be broken. Therefore, the best option would be to create a new module and redeploy it with the new module's values (API token and customconfigid)

Furthermore, we do have a complete deployment user guide that you can follow here:

πŸ“„Β Mass deployment on Windows - Overview

Let me know if deploying with a new module fixed the issue.

/JeanK

Community Manager

Answers

• TVMB
    TVMB Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

we're having issues with the policy created for a group of computers not applying. How long time after applied should it take for the changes to be pushed to computers?

If you hover above a policy it also says "Policy not applied" - why?

• Ian_Bowden
    Ian_Bowden Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for you support everyone. You all nailed it.

• TVMB
    Options

Hi,

I can't see any support at all? I'm facing the same issue with a customer here. How did you solve it?

/Best regards Mattias

• JeanK
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hi @Ian_Bowden, hi @TVMB,

Thank you for posting here. πŸ™Œ

I asked our engineers about the issue you reported regarding policies not being applied on all devices.

It seems that the modules you are using might be broken. Therefore, the best option would be to create a new module and redeploy it with the new module's values (API token and customconfigid)

Furthermore, we do have a complete deployment user guide that you can follow here:

πŸ“„Β Mass deployment on Windows - Overview

Let me know if deploying with a new module fixed the issue.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• BBSRBK
    BBSRBK Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Options

We've exact the same problem! I try to redownload the module or do I have to recreate a module with new API token?

My command:

msiexec.exe /i "TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn SETTINGSFILE="%~dp0TeamViewer_Settings.tvopt" CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxx APITOKEN=xxxx

Update:

I redownload msi module and reinstalled the teamviewer host via above command line. Only the settings via Settings.tvopt will be accepted (its only the password). My policy will not be applied!!

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @BBSRBK,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! πŸ™Œ

Redownloading the module and installing the Host won't fix the issue.

You must recreate a new module with a new API token.

Let me know if this has worked for you!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• BBSRBK
    BBSRBK Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

It works, thanks. But what is the problem?

• JeanK
    Options

I'm happy it helped! ⭐

I am unable to share the technical explanation for this issue.

However, I'm sure our customer support will be happy to share details with you via ticket.

Have a great day,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• TVMB
    Options

Hi,

thanks for answer!

The usage were above our total licenses... That's why the policy wasn't applied, thanks anyway!

/Best regards Mattias

• auratkachakkar
    auratkachakkar Posts: 1 ✭
    Options

Thanks for you support everyone.