TeamViewer Display Issues

Options
PassRusher
PassRusher Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited January 2021 in General questions

I use TeamViewer to manage our workstations and it has worked flawlessly...until now. 

I have one Workstations that will be a IP Camera recorder installed at our CEO's home. I will rely on a stable connection to the PC via TeamViewer. And sadly, this is the ONLY PC I am having issues with. 

When I remotely connect to it, it is a blank screen...if rezise and back to normal, bam, I can then see the screen. I login and again, blank unless I resize and back again. 

If you notice, the start menu is tiny:

And if scroll the start menu, it all goes away:

If I open, say the Settlings, I cannot scroll through it's options. 

And for sure, when I try to view the camera app, it just shows a white screen or just shows on taskbar but not full screen.

This behavior even happens when I am on his HOME network and using TeamViewer to remote connect to this PC.

I've brought this same PC back to our office, connected it to our local network and tried TeamViewer and it worked perfectly. So I am thinking something not right on his local network but not sure what it is.

His primary internet comes in from a Verizon cellular connection to a PepWave modem and then uplink goes to a switch upstairs and then downstairs to the primary switch.

I do have both an onboard video card and a graphics card on this system. I need the graphics card for the video processing. I have disabled the onboard. Also, I do not have a monitor connected to this as there is no room to keep one connected.

This is the only workstation I have issues like this with.

It is critical that this one PC be easily accessible to me remotely so avoid trips to his home in the future.

Comments

• PassRusher
    PassRusher Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Resolved - I plugged in an HDMI cable but not connected to a monitor. Works now. Go figure.

• CMcFarland
    CMcFarland Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I am having the exact same issue, but the laptop is at a remote site 4500 miles from me. Has anybody been able to solve this without having to be on site? It worked for several days after I returned home, but then started to do exactly what the screenshots above show. Oddly enough, some apps show up just fine, but there is one critical app that will not show up - including TeamViewer as it shows up as a blank white box. I screwed up by clicking on the box and changed the password for the laptop! Thankfully, I was still connected via a different machine, so I was able to identify where the password was and double-clicked, then cntrl-c and then pasted that into an email. Crisis averted, but problem still not solved. I really do not want to fly all the way over to this laptop to install an hdmi cable... Hopefully somebody has solved this in another way?

• Prophet_echiu
    Options

I am having the same issue too, it seem if it is connected to a monitor and it will be fine

any solution from Teamviewer Team?

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,089 Moderator
    edited January 17
    Options

Hi @Prophet_echiu ,

Welcome to our Community and thanks for your question!

TeamViewer only reproduces the screen, mouse, and keyboard of the partner side - it doesn't create a virtualization of the remote side. Therefore, if the partner device doesn't have a monitor, TeamViewer will struggle to reproduce the screen graphics.

👉 If the device can't have a monitor, we would advise getting an HDMI Dummy Plug.

I hope it helps! Let us know if we can help you any further. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator