Multi-monitor support?

Options

I purchased a new desktop computer (Windows 11 Pro). I want to connect to my old desktop (Windows 10 Pro). I each machine supports 3 HDMI monitors. The machines are side-by-side and on the same home network.

I am moving the 3 physical monitors from the old to the new system.

I want to connect from the new system to the old and be able to see its 3 monitors simultaneously on my new computer, each old system monitor showing up as a separate window that is resizable (and scrollable as needed). I will move each such window to each of my physical monitors.

In effect I'm sharing the 3 physical monitors over both machines.

TeamViewer seems to only support viewing 1 monitor at a time. I need to support the 3 monitors simultaneously.

Answers

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator
    Options

Hi @djmarcus,

Thank you for your comment and welcome to our Community!

TeamViewer offers the option to show each monitor screen in different windows simultaneously and this option would fit the settings you are looking for.

To find this option, kindly navigate to the View tab of the Remote Session Toolbar and check the checkbox highlighted as 3 in the below screenshot.

After checking the monitors as individual tabs box, please click monitor icons 2 and 3 on the Remote Session Toolbar to display each monitor tab.

You can also find more information about this topic in our Community article: Use Multi-Monitor Support

Hope this would be helpful!

Please let us know how this goes.

Best,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• stoneridgeltd
    stoneridgeltd Posts: 1
    Options

This functionality is now gone after a recent update. Can you please bring it back?

I connect to a remote PC with 2 monitors and have them displayed in 2 windows side by side in my local pc. I used to be able to connect and either the setup was maintained or I simply pressed one button on the toolbar to have the second monitor open in a new window. Now that toolbar button is gone and there's no way to customise the toolbar to bring it back. Instead I have to go to the menu, click display monitors in separate windows, then go to the menu again and click on the desired monitor. It's a huge step backwards in UX.