Access to Remote Computer's logon password.

drbajb
drbajb Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I use Teamviewer to access a remote computer with a logon password.  In the process of performing various tasks on this remote computer, I often have to Restart it.  Is there a way using Teamviewer that will give me access to the remote computer after the Restart is complete, to enter the logon password (which I know) and continue with my work?  As it is now, I telephone the remote computer's owner and ask her manually enter the logon password from her end before I can re-establish access to the remote computer. 

Comments

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @drbajb,

Thank you for your post.

TeamViewer has a 'Remote Reboot' feature that can be found in the Action menu drop-down of the Remote Control toolbar at the top of the connection:

remote reboot.pngOnce selected, you will be asked to confirm the reboot:

confirm.png

After confirmation, another pop-up will appear, asking if you want to reconnect when the device comes back online:

wait for partner.png

After the reboot, when the device comes back online, a final pop-up will appear asking if you would like to reconnect to the device: 

reconnect.png

Once connected, you should be able to enter the login credentials and continue working!

I hope this helps! 

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---