Purchasing Version 11

satzinger
satzinger Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I bought team viewer in July of 2016. I paid almost $1,500.00.
A few month later you come out with version 12 and I have to pay almost $600 to get an upgrade. This is not fair.
Had I known that you have a new version I would have waited. Since I don't use it much anyway, this would have been not problem.
I am using it to troubleshoot customer computers. Since you always prompt to "upgrade your version now" ... my customers do that and then they are stuck with version 12 and I can no longer access them because I am on version 11.
If you come up with such a shady schema, then at least give me the ability to lock my customers from upgrading.
Every software I ever bought gave at least half if not even one year of free upgrades, after on the purchase date.

Shame on you TeamViewer!

Best Answer

Answers

• AllisonL
    AllisonL Posts: 2 Staff member 🤠

Hello Adolf,

Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me over the phone this afternoon.  I'm glad that we were able to find a quick solution and use your custom Host module with a policy attached. 

Feel free to post an update on how TeamViewer resolved your concerns with the software automatically updating.

Best Regards,

Allison Loy

• Hi there.  I am having the same problem as Adolph.  I paid for Ver 11, and now my clients' computers are automatically updating to 12 so I can't access.  I too am not happy with this and would like to prevent their computers from auto updating.  How can I do that?

Carol

• Kayla_S
    Kayla_S Posts: 2 [Former Staff]

Hi Caroltchr,

Thank you for your post!

Your current version 11 will still be supported and you will always find it available for download here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/download/previous-versions/

To ensure that your customers are using your version of TeamViewer, we encourage you to create the modules via the Management Console: https://login.teamviewer.com/LogOn under "Design & Deploy". 

*The Host module provides unattended access in order to connect to a computer without requiring end-user participation.
    *QuickSupport provides an executable for on-demand support requiring the end-user participation but not leaving any install on the remote computer.

These custom modules will be saved as your version 11 and may be linked from your website or sent via email. 

If you require any further information please feel free to contact your local Support Center. 

Best,

Kayla

• Looked at the modules.  They seem to be for people who don't have TeamViewer.  My clients all have TeamViewer on their machines and they are on my list of computers - associated with my account.  Is there something on their computers I can set so that it will not automatically update to 12?  I don't think they are updating manually.