TeamViewer_Service.exe

Hi!

I wonder if anyone can tell me a little more about the TeamViewer service (teamviewer_service.exe) in the Windows Services console. By default, this service runs on startup.

I searched in community.teamviewer.com and googled. Very little I found. The only official piece of information I spotted was in a tweet by TeamViewer Support and, well, surprisingly due to its length, that was not very insightful.

The specific questions bugging me are:
* What is its purpose?
* Does it need to run on startup by default?
* Why are the consequences of disabling it?

Thanks in advance for shedding a little more light.

Best

Best Answer

Answers

• tjhorton
    tjhorton Posts: 1

I do not want ANY of those services, or the incredibly unwelcome security hole they represent.  How do we disable this unwanted service?  It doesn't seem possible in the user interface, so do we have to uninstall the application to close this bug?

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi tjhorton,

It is not a bug, it is how the software is designed and is of course protected by the same encryption and password as all TeamViewer connections, so there should be no security hole.

Without this service, the software would be limited in only allowing connections when it is running and as the full version is designed to run unattended, the full version doesn't have the option to disable it when installed.

As I advised, it is possible to run it without the service by running the software as "Run only" without installation. Or, for incoming connections, you can use QuickSupport.

Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • gege1
    gege1 Posts: 2

i have unistalled the Teamviwer but "TeamViewer_Service.exe" still keeps on running in the backround on startup automaticlly, how do i permanently disable it, it is taking too much physical memory for no reason, i dont need it

• Hansch
    Hansch Posts: 2

1; Press the Windows+R keys to open the Run dialog, type services.msc

dooble click on the teamviewer service , change startup typ to manual or disable.

2: Also with Cleaner you can disable or remove the teamviewer startup.

This all should not needed when the uninstaller did remove the service..:(

• gege1
    gege1 Posts: 2

it doesnt even appear in "services" or cleaner startup

the thing is just there....

it is becoming annyong now......

what do i do?>

• Hansch
    Hansch Posts: 2

In taskmanager right click on the proces. >open file location> delete?

it is no virus ? should be viable in services.msc