Just upgraded

I have just upgraded To Teamviewer 14 today and now I cannot access my other computer.  What do I have to do please?

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Avadons

Thanks for your post.

Can you give us some more information about the issue you encountered? E.g. Do you get an error message? What does it say?

Thanks in advance,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hi Esther

Thank you for getting back to me.  I am not technical.  When I click on Teamviewer to sign onto my other computer it will not let me sign in,, it will not let me connect.  Before I upgraded all I had to do was put in the password to connect.  Now nothing looks the same and no matter which icon I click on on the left it won't accept a password (probably not an area I should be looking at but as I said I am not technical).  Perhaps what I need is instructions on what to do once I upgraded to Teamviewer 14.  The computer at the other end just says I am not connected.  Start Teamviewer is ticked.  It gives my partners id and at the bottom it says 'not ready please check your connection'.  What other info do you need?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @Avadons

No worries - we will figure out how we can get your TeamViewer back on track so that you can use the new version 14!

First of all we need to find out whether the problem only appears when using TeamViewer 14 or if you have the same issue when using TeamViewer 13.

May I ask you to do some tests? 

First of all: Is the TeamViewer version on the remote side on the latest version of TeamViewer 13? It has to be TeamViewer 13.2.26558.

Download TeamViewer 13 again on the device (=which is starting the connecting) and try to connect to the remote device? https://www.teamviewer.com/download

Is it working? Yes - try again with TeamViewer 14. Is it working as well? Fantastic: Problem has been solved.

Is it not working? Let us know and we dive a bit deeper.

For this, we need the following information:

• OS of the devices you are using.
    • TeamViewer version of both devices you are using.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager