Cannot control remote computer

robertchen258
robertchen258 Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have a licensed TeamViewer 12 installed and support about 50 TeamViewer 12 computers. All the 50 computers work fine except one: I can connect to the remote computer but cannot control that particular computer. The mouse clicks do not have any effect on the remote computer. Both my computer and that remote computer have Windows 7 Professional system.

Searched online and tried all the possible configurations I could find on the remote computer without success. I was able to control that computer before. Not sure what has changed on that computer to prevent TeamViewer control.

Comments

• Maël_
    Maël_ Posts: 12 Staff member 🤠

Dear user, 

Thank you for your message on the community, 

Please, could you check on the partner device the security options? 

Extras > Advanced > Advanced settings for connections to this computer > Then you can select the rights for connecting to this computer. 

Then also please have a look in the Advanced Settings of your machine but in the Advance settings for connections, to others computers.

If you have still the same issue on the partner device could you uninstall TeamViewer and please be sure to delete the saved settings and then reinstall it. 

I hope that will help, 

Looking forward to seeing your answer. 

Mael 

Mael
  • PDXIT
    PDXIT Posts: 1

I am having the same issue, I have Teamviewer 13 full view version installed 

on Windows 10 Enterprise that is used to remote into a client's Mac computer.

I can view from my Windows computer but I can't control the mac on the client's computer.

They have Teamviewer quick support installed. 

What is the solution to fix this issue?

• Same thing here...  I always been able to access my remote Mac with Remote Control.

Now, since last version, I can still access my remote Mac from Windows 10 but remote control is not responding.  Remotely, the mac says I DO have remote access enabled.  Everything looks fine, Security permissions under the Mac gives Team Viewer remote allowed...

• Same for me and my Mac. I can connect and see the desktop fine, but cannot control it whether from my windows machine, Kindle Fire or Android phone.

Uninstalled, deleting all configuration files and re-installed and still the same problem.

• Douyon
    Douyon Posts: 1

Same for me and my Mac. I can connect and see the desktop fine, but cannot control it from my windows machine, or any other Mac. 

Uninstalled, deleting all configuration files and re-installed and still the same problem.

Teamviewer 14.1.3399

Date: Dec 7, 2018

Paid License

• wricci
    wricci Posts: 1

same here,

windows 10 to mojave machine

• Pepi
    Pepi Posts: 2

Hi<

I have done this but still no success. I am trying to control a windows pc from a mac. The pc has the free commercial use and so do I. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Pepi
    Pepi Posts: 2

Fixed! Disregard previous message.

Seems like the new updates Teamviewer introduced have changed few thing around.

• coachjs
    coachjs Posts: 1

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-control-a-Mac-running-macOS-10-14-Mojave/t...

It appears that the latest version of TeamViewer can only VIEW a remote Mac until unless you grant TeamView permission to also CONTOL it.  As the instructions at the above link show, when you try to use TeamViewer to access a Mac remotely for the first time, you will be presented with a pop-up window asking you to grant the appropriate permissions in the Security & Privacy pane of System Preferences.  Granting these permissions did not initially allow me to control the remote Mac so I removed the two TeamViewer items from the Privacy section of the Security and Privacy pane in System Preferences and then quit and restarted TeamViewer.  The second time around (after enabling TeamViewer in the Privacy pane again when prompted to do so) everything starting working.

• tracybags
    tracybags Posts: 0

HI - this is Mac to Mac.  I can connect and see everythign on his screen, but he cannot see my cursor moving around and I cannot control anything, clicking anywhere does nothing.  I have not come across this before. His settings say allow remote access in Team Viewer but we don't know what else to try.  Any help on this anyone?

• Jwells
    Jwells Posts: 1

Hi there,

I'm still having trouble connecting from mac to mac using mojave.  both computers have the latest teamviewer versions.  

• MR2F
    MR2F Posts: 1
    edited December 2021

Hello,

I have been on support forums for 3 days now trying to get TeamViewer to work while trying the free version although I will likely use the paid version - if i can get it to work that is...

I am on a Macbook pro 2018 attempting to access a friends iMac 2018 remotely both running MacOS 12.01 Monterey (not on the same network), have followed all the steps in the help articles in this post, granted all the permission, then removed them, restarted the app, granted them again, and I'm still unable to control the computer. I am able to login with a password, see the screen, and even use my keyboard to switch apps, however I cannot do anything other than move the mouse (the host confirms seeing the mouse move). I cannot select, or click on anything with the mouse. PLEASE HELP!!!

• GraphicGuru
    GraphicGuru Posts: 1

I am having the exact same issue every since I updated to Monterey with my newer computer. I have run through everything and at a complete lost. Don't understand why the mouse will not work!

• Darjas
    Darjas Posts: 5 ✭✭

I have done everything by the book and my keyboard and mouse are still not working on remote computer. It is frustrating. I can connect, but nothing works.