email address is already in use

ervins
ervins Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi.

Does anyone know what to do if I want to add new user of my company  but user email address "is already in use"? I can't find where it is in use! When I try to reset pasword of that email address - account , email does not came from teamviewer. How to delete that email from somwhere and then add it to user that I need?

Best Answer

• SIR
    SIR Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @ervins,

You can manage your users trough the Teamviewer Management Console https://login.teamviewer.com

I assume that you already had an Teamviewer  account existing with this email address ? I ran into this issue  when i have deleted one user account from the TV Management console and then i couldn't registrer him again with the same email even the account seems to not exist anymore (at least for the TV Management Console)

It seems that teamviewer doesn't delete "for real" a teamviewer account that you had in your TV Management console but only remove it from the console. So the account is still exisiting somewhere out there.

Here's what you can try to do to register the "deleted" account again:

1) Go to the TV Management Console and go to "User management"

2) Click on the button (on the top of the page) "Add an existing account"

3) Follow the instructions.

if i remember well, you will need to login after with the "removed" TV user account (so you need to know the password). Then you can send a joining request to your company

Go back in your management console and then you need to accept the request of the "removed" user account. After acknoledgment, you must see the "removed" account back in the console.

Answers

• SIR
    Answer ✓

Hi @ervins,

You can manage your users trough the Teamviewer Management Console https://login.teamviewer.com

I assume that you already had an Teamviewer  account existing with this email address ? I ran into this issue  when i have deleted one user account from the TV Management console and then i couldn't registrer him again with the same email even the account seems to not exist anymore (at least for the TV Management Console)

It seems that teamviewer doesn't delete "for real" a teamviewer account that you had in your TV Management console but only remove it from the console. So the account is still exisiting somewhere out there.

Here's what you can try to do to register the "deleted" account again:

1) Go to the TV Management Console and go to "User management"

2) Click on the button (on the top of the page) "Add an existing account"

3) Follow the instructions.

if i remember well, you will need to login after with the "removed" TV user account (so you need to know the password). Then you can send a joining request to your company

Go back in your management console and then you need to accept the request of the "removed" user account. After acknoledgment, you must see the "removed" account back in the console.

• ervins
    ervins Posts: 2

Hi.

Thanks for answer.

Yes I tried to ADD EXISTING ACCOUNT, but I did not recieve any  emails from TEAMVIEWER on that email wich is ALREADY REGISTRED and there fore I can't reset the password for that account and correctly LOGIN to teamviewer.

The problem is really stupid! I am administrator of company, but can't administrate simple email address :) .

• DarrenWyatt
    DarrenWyatt Posts: 1

Hi

I have a user that didnt receive the connection email when initially setup.  They dont appear in the list of users in the management console but when i go to add them i get 'email address is already in use'.  I've looked through the KB and tried to get the user to go to the logon URL and select 'forgotten password' this then asks them to specify the admin email address of the company, they add my address but then it errors 

Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

mWnq2P3eufc-3-1-29-jAc

• SIR

Hello @DarrenWyatt ,

If i understand correctly the situation:

• You have an administrator account in Teamviewer Management Console (TMC)
    • You have connected to the TMC within this administrator account
    • You have added an user with using the [+ Add user] button and filled up the fields
    • After creating the user, the user didn't appear in "User Management" section
    • You thought that an issue occured so you did the creation process again using the same email address previsouly used but then a message "email address is already in use" showed up.
    • You have then tried to reset the password of the account using the login screen by clicking "forgotten password"
    • During the forgotten password wizard, you had to fill the administrator's email address registered in TMC, but at the end an error occured

Here's what i can suggest you to do:

1. Try to connect with the user's email address and password you have setted up at the creation wizard and see if you can login.
    2. If you can't login, click on "Forgotten password" and in the wizard, fill the email field with the user's email address to get the reinitialization link.
    3. In the user's mailbox client, click on the renitialization link to open the reinitialization webpage.
    4. Change the password and confirm it in the webpage's fields
    5. Try to reconnect again with the new credentials

To make the user account joining your company:

1. In the TMC, click on the button [+Add existing account] and copy the link. Send it to the user that must join.
    2. Tell your user to go on that link and then processed to the login with his account you just have created.
    3. After login, a pop-up  will show up telling to enter the email of an administrator of the company. Give the email address of a user that have the role "Company Administrator"
    4. On your side, in the TMC, click on the notification symbol and accept the join request.
  • I have the same issue. I reset the user password. No e-mail arrived so I had to remove the user.

Adding the same user with the same e-mail adress results in "email adress already in use"

Please advise.

• I have the same issue!!

@ervins wrote:

Hi.

Thanks for answer.

Yes I tried to ADD EXISTING ACCOUNT, but I did not recieve any  emails from TEAMVIEWER on that email wich is ALREADY REGISTRED and there fore I can't reset the password for that account and correctly LOGIN to teamviewer.

The problem is really stupid! I am administrator of company, but can't administrate simple email address :) .

• Exonix
    Exonix Posts: 4

is there any update?

I try to create a user, but is says "email address is already in use". Ok, how can I remove this user\email addrerss if I don't see this user or his email address.

Thank you in advance!

• Exonix

I see no one cares?

• Exonix

the greatest support I've ever seen..............

• abowden
    abowden Posts: 1

Same issue here.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this. We are the admins and can't administer the app. Seems a little crazy to me.