TeamViewer Host in background

I use an IPhone to control a Samsung J5 and a Samsung A5.
The J5 is always on-line and ready to accept incoming connection, the A5 is always offline, it goes online only if I run the TeamViewer host on the A5. It seems not running in background. The J5 runs Android 6.0 the A5 Android 7.0.
Why I always see the A5 offline?

Comments

• arod
    arod Posts: 2

Apparently it works installing the Quick Support app.

• mzavatta
    mzavatta Posts: 3

Same here, both on huawei p20lite (android 8 or 9) and a custom POE tablet 10" with android 6.0.1.

Teamviewer console shows devices online only if the app is opened and in foreground (i've already disabled battery optimization for all teamviewer apps); as soon as i move in background teamviewer host app and open any other sw (like file manager), the device goes offline in tw console.

With airdroid, same devices are always accessible (but with very limited feature)

• mzavatta
    mzavatta Posts: 3

The installed version is 14.4.183 already; the issue persist

• Manolo
    Manolo Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Yes, the link was to read my answers.
  • Emi
    Emi Posts: 3

Does "host" work if I install "quick support"

• Emi
    Emi Posts: 3

Yes, Airdroid works fine (I have full version but limited features too) and it takes much memory (RAM) on pc.

Teamviewer is still having background issue on Samsung J5 2017, Samsung M20 2019. Working fine on Samsung A70 2019 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 2015

• Manolo
    Not mine, I had tried, even with QS installed after 10 seconds the device is Offline.
  • Manolo
    Today's July Patch on S9+ do not resolve.