Saving the chat transcript

PPM_ROJ
PPM_ROJ Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

Is there some way to save a copy of the chat transcript either just before or after closing a session? This would be handy to suppliment our support records, even a little text file would be handy.

I've searched and not been able to find a setting or button to do this and there did not seem to be much on-line either,

In an  ideal world I'd like each message to have the username and time (with timezone) and the transcript to also include logs of other actitvities such as reboot/reconnects, file transfers, adding comments and attaching notes. I'm sure that such a feature would compliment the session recording feature.

Many thanks,

Roger.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Robert3
    Robert3 Posts: 1

I agree, this feature would be quite helpful.

• tan15
    tan15 Posts: 2

Would also like to have this feature.

It's been a year since the original post.  Any progress or schedule you can share?

...Tom

• PPM_ROJ
    PPM_ROJ Posts: 3

Hi Tom,

Sorry to say that I've not heard anything about this since Julia's original reply. Here's hoping for TeamViewer14...

• tan15
    tan15 Posts: 2

ditto!

• BarrieWells
    BarrieWells Posts: 1

Considering the cost of the licence, I am a little surprised there has been no action on this after all this time.

• Yeah, I don't think they actively develop this product based on how little has changed in the last 5 versions. Still no session chat save option... Among many other missing common sense features
  • bumping message in the hope that we get an update from someone at TeamViewer...

• Why was this marked as 'Solved'? It has been years and we are still unable to save chat transcripts. 

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @Ghakxon 

Thank you for your message.

Please understand the Community is mostly user-based - as such, a specific post being "open" or "solved" does not indicate whether or not TeamViewer is internally looking in to or actively working on a resolution for any said issue.

A marked solution is moved to the top of the related thread, ensuring any new users who come across the issue do not have to scroll to find an official response or resolution. As such, this thread is marked as solved as we have indicated the feature request was submitted. 

As with any feature request, we cannot say if or when such a feature can be added - however, rest assured it has been forwarded.

Sorry for any confusion.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Right click. select all and past to word

• cquirke
    cquirke Posts: 26 ✭✭

Add another paid user who needs this missing feature added to TV - amazed it's been requested for years, and we still can't preserve remote support chat logs after the session ends.