Remotely viewing Windows Services

Hi,

Previously we were able to view all Services on remote Windows computers from the Team Viewer desktop program using a link on the remote computer listing. It wasn't the most obvious location it was placed, but it worked (you could also view processes without viewing the remote desktop).

These options now appear to have gone. I assume this is still available, just hidden somewhere else now. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Stephen.

Best Answer

Answers

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

From the remote control window, have you tried clicking the Home button (Second from the left)  and looking arround there?

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • PCL-Stephen
    PCL-Stephen Posts: 9 ✭✭

Hi Bart,

Thanks for your reply. I'm afraid not. It was previously possible to view services and processes on a remote Windows host without opening a remote desktop/screen session. It was an option against the computer entry on my remote host list.

Thanks!

Stephen.

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

I looked around more, I am supprised it is gone. I'm also supprised it is gone and not moved into the ITBrain platform that TeamViewer is pushing. I suspect that might be a future feature.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • PCL-Stephen
    PCL-Stephen Posts: 9 ✭✭

Well done, this is exactly what I was looking for. :-)

As a new user to TeamViewer the support pages do not seem to be work well from an advanced user/administrator point of view. Trying to search for pages detailing this exact feature didn't bring up anything appropriate.

It shouldn't have been this hard to find out where the feature had moved to. Hopefully TeamViewer can improve self service support features.