Forward special keys using remote desktop inside a teamviewer session doesn't work

cosmos321
cosmos321 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello, 

i've encountered an issue of forwarding special keys while using remote desktop inside a teamviewer session. The same problem is described here: CLICK

I use the latest version 14.4.2669 (on both sides). Host and guest are running windows 10. Due to this bug I am not even able to log in to the RDP session., because my password also consists of capital letters.

Inside the teamviewer-session, everything's alright. The checkbox “Send key combinations” ist activated und Copy/Paste (ctrl) inside the teamviewer-session is possible. Also capital letters (shift). But in the RDP-session "shift" and "ctrl" doesn't get forwarded.

Any suggestions how to solve the problem?

Kind regards,

cosmos321

Tagged:

Comments

• CHCSean
    CHCSean Posts: 1
    edited March 2022

Same here. TV into work pc, then RDP into server..., shift and CTRL do not pass through to RDP session. 

**bleep** when you have a ! in your password. 

• manni71
    manni71 Posts: 1

It is the same with Linux hosts as well.
    If I connect with TV from Windows 10 PC to Linux hsot and RDP to another hsot the  keyboard is "broken". Seems to be a wrong mapping.

• EJD
    EJD Posts: 1

I’m having the same issue along with not send the shift keys but also ctrl so no copy paste with keyboard. Any chance anyone else is also using a Corsair keyboard?

• oba
    oba Posts: 4 ✭✭

Dont run RDP session in full screen then you can send special keys. Its very annoying.