Teamviewer as a Service om Mint LMDE

johnzageek
johnzageek Posts: 11 ✭✭

I have an old Dell Inspirion R-15 laptop. I live in a very small space and would like to run Teamviewer on my Linux Mint LMDE distro.  My question is, "is there a method I can use to allow TV to keep running online, whilst I close the laptop lid? I am greatful for tutorial or links to resources. The duck (duckduck search) has not been to forth coming with any reasonable solutions. Thank you in advance

Tagged:

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi

One case is that in Windows control panel settings you can select what will be the computer action when the lid is closed and I remember that you can select to not changing the computer behavior. You can give it a try and there is another one: 

Theoretically, it can be work by installing a dummy monitor plug, which tricks the computer and it understands that it has a high-resolution monitor plugged on (in some cases works fine without any parametrizing needed). This is why in some cases must adjust or scale the resolution of the transferred image through the connection in order to avoid delays, freezings or abnormal screen sizing of the transferred image.

Best regards