No sound from remote computer

2»

Answers

• FlorenceJ
    FlorenceJ Posts: 3 ✭✭

@mparker wrote:

I believe sound flower is now loop back.  Also look at audio hijack

Thank you

• I have a usb interface connected to my laptop so that I can use external speakers. This works for every application except for teamviewer, which still routes audio to the laptop speakers. This happens regardless of the audio settings I choose in teamviewer or on the operating system level. Is it possible to make teamviewer correctly route audio to my interface like every other application?

• mparker, can you describe in detail how you employ loopback to do this? Are you getting this to work on a Mac?

• This is unacceptable! should've been told when I purchased the licence!

• Right on!

• aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 1

Hi everyone!

Why can't I hear the sound of the remote machine in the following cases:

control machine: PC, remote machine: MAC

-control machine: MAC, remote machine: MAC

Only the remote machine has sound if both the control machine is a PC and the remote machine is a PC

I think MAC users also rightly expect to hear the sound of the remote machine as well.

I have already looked through all the settings but the function does not work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Best regards: Gabor

• anonymous12
    anonymous12 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited June 2023

I want to work between a Mac and a PC. I can't use a phone because reception is poor. I can work from a Mac to a Mac. I'm glad to turn off Teamviewer's sound, but I can't then use Skype or Google Voice. Suggestions?

• fmw42
    fmw42 Posts: 3 ✭✭

The answer that there are technical issues with Mac seems to me to be cop-out. This only happens with the new version of TeamViewer. I was happily hearing and sending audio on the older TeamViewer between my Mac and a PC. Why is it any harder now?