TeamViewer QuickSupport for Motorola Devices is Here!

Community Manager

header_QSforMotorola_CommunityBlog.png

We’ve added Motorola to our list of supported manufacturers for QuickSupport and Host on Android.

You requested – we answered: TeamViewer QuickSupport and Host Apps are now available for Android devices manufactured by Motorola.

We’re happy to welcome Motorola on our list of supported manufacturers and expand upon what we can proudly say is the most comprehensive coverage of Android devices on the remote control market.

Because we know how important it is for remote supporters to have access to as many different devices as possible, we’re always working to broaden our range.

For example, Motorola’s global market share for mobile devices was 4.9% in 2016. Or in other words that’s the size of a new potential target group for remote supporters worldwide!

Let’s take a look at how you can interact with Android devices through the TeamViewer QuickSupport app.

Using the TeamViewer QuickSupport and Host App to Access Android Devices

Our QuickSupport and Host apps for Android devices by various manufacturers offer extensive control over the supported device.

A supporter can access it either from a computer or through a mobile to mobile connection to remotely control and browse through the Android device as if they were holding it in their own hands.

Additionally, you’ve got the following features at your disposal:

• TeamViewer Chat
  • Show device information
  • File Transfers
  • List and uninstall apps
  • List and end processes
  • Push and pull wi-fi settings
  • Show system log
  • Real-time screenshots
  • Copy information into the device’s cache

Motorola Users Will Love Their New Tech Support

So there it is: Motorola users can finally harness the dexterity of IT experts whose weapon of choice is TeamViewer. And simultaneously, you as the aforementioned IT experts won a bunch of potential customers.

I guess that’s what you call a win-win situation!

Which manufacturer are you still missing in our catalogue? Be welcome to make your suggestions in the comment section below!

5 Comments
Photon

Hola!

I have 2 Motorola Moto X, one of them allows me for remote control but not the other one, how can I fix that?

Photon

I have a Moto C Plus (2017) and a Moto E4 (2017) neither Work with Teamviewer.

I am currently evaluating phones and a remote support package to use when rolling out around 70 Handsets. The requirement is unattended remote control. I have purchased 2 handsets, both of which (according to your text above, should be supported)

To summarise the device details

Moto C Plus - Android 7.0

Moto E4 - Android 7.1.1

Motorola’s global market share for mobile devices was 4.9% in 2016, can you please either give more information on device compatibility or provide a list of known supported models.

My previous experience of using teamviewer required root on the android device, this now seems to be removed. given that it has been removed, surely your in-house development team has some idea of the which devices/software versions will work.

Please, either give an update on the development for Motorola support or provide a comprehensive list of supported devices.

Thanks

Community Manager

HI @ConAir
Thank you for your message. The motorola addone needs android version 7.1.1 to work, this is a limitation imposed by the device manufacturer. Also Rooted devices are not supported for our applications. I hope this post will also help you: Re: MOTO G All the best, Esther

Photon

Hi Esther,

Thanks for the quick response. It still confuses the problem however. The E4 is running 7.1.1, but it still does not function as it should. 

Do you have a list of devices that are expected to work?

Thanks

Community Manager

Hi @ConAir

I unfortunately do not have a list of devices, but I was checking the case a bit and found this information from Constantin (who is in contact with Motorola) in a thread about this topic: Re: Can view but Can't control Motorola phone with QucikSupport Are you located in the US? I hope that helps. Best, Esther