Announcements

This board is exclusively meant for questions about the Community platform.

If you have a question about TeamViewer, Remote Management, Blizz or TeamViewer IoT please post in the support boards for these products.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Posted by afeudale
Tetragon

TV Community login linked to TV account???

So, the TV community/forums apparently didn't like my password today, so I clicked "forgot password" and proceeded to change it.

Lo and behold, changing the community password also changed my main TV application/Web Management Console password!

I'm waiting for the reply where this was "intended design"...lol

TV Community.JPG

1 Reply
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Solution

Re: TV Community login linked to TV account???

Hello @afeudale 

Thank you for your post.

The TeamViewer community uses the same TeamViewer account as you would use to log in to the Management Console or the TeamViewer application. 

As it is the same account, when you change the password it affects all logins.

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

1 Reply
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Solution

Re: TV Community login linked to TV account???

Hello @afeudale 

Thank you for your post.

The TeamViewer community uses the same TeamViewer account as you would use to log in to the Management Console or the TeamViewer application. 

As it is the same account, when you change the password it affects all logins.

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)