Clients delay when opening TeamViewer

Options

Recently, when I try to connect to one of our user's computers for remote support, my session will sit at the Initializing Display Parameters screen.  They have to click the TV icon on their desktop.  They get no immediate response to opening the program through the icon.  In 30 seconds to a minute, TV opens on their computer and I can then complete the remote connection.  All are Windows 10.  Any suggestions on what might have changed?

Tagged:

Comments

• TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 ⭐Star⭐
    Options

Hello @ypfit,

Welcome to the Community

Usually restarting the remote system resolves it for me, but sometimes I'll have to double check and make sure everything has been updated on both sides (OS and TeamViewer). If, after that, it's still an issue, I'll uninstall the software, starting with the remote system because it's more often the remote side that's causing the issue for me.

It could also be caused by a slow or poor connection, in which case there's nothing you can do to fix it besides getting a better connection. Of course, once you get connected, if it's not lagging at all then it's unlikely that's the issue. Worth doing a speed test anyway. I have a client that has a 50mbps connection with a dozen users all using VPN and I experience this exact issue due to limited bandwidth.

Hope this information helps you!

-Cheers

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.