Connection detection

Hi,

In order to throttle the framerate of a video monitor application , I want to detect if there is an active TeamViewer connection (and safe bandwidth that way).

Is there an easy way to programmatically detect this?

Antoin Janssen

Comments

• Riccorbypro
    Riccorbypro Posts: 1

I'm running into a similar issue. I have Wallpaper Engine running on my PC at home, and on the odd occasion I need to remote into it for some or other reason. However, when I get in, TeamViewer drops to 3-5 seconds per frame due to the wallpaper being fully animated on a 3440x1440 monitor. It takes me two clicks to pause the wallpaper, at which point the connection returns to an acceptable level of latency, but actually inputting those two clicks can take me a minute or more due to having to wait for TeamViewer to actually respond to those clicks.

Wallpaper Engine does have a feature where you can programmatically pause or stop the wallpaper, but I can't find any documented way to detect an active connection on TeamViewer. If I could detect that connection, I could write a small program to automatically pause/stop the wallpaper on connect, and then resume it on disconnect.

Is there some way that I can detect an active connection on TeamViewer? I noticed that on boot only 2 TeamViewer executables are active (TeamViewer.exe and TeamViewer_Service.exe), and that another executable (TeamViewer_Desktop.exe) launches when a connection is established. However, the TeamViewer_Desktop.exe one does not terminate when the connection is closed, so this only works as a method to detect whether a connection has been established to this machine since boot and not as a "is connection currently active".