Does setting Password Strength to Disabled turn off access with ID/PW?

Options

If I set Password Strength to "Disabled (no random password", does this mean my computer can be access using the "Your ID" only (i.e. no PW needed) or does it mean that this function (i.e. using the Your ID/PW) is completely disabled?

I want to completely disable this function and set it so that I can access using Easy Access only.

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 8.13.14 PM.png

Comments

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hi @TokyoTony,

Thank you for your post and hope we can assist.

If the random password option is disabled and no personal password nor easy access is defined, you will not be able to connect with TeamViewer.

To activate Easy Access appropriately, please kindly follow the instructions in Secure unattended access to devices or the video guide in All about passwords.

I hope the information above would be helpful.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • TokyoTony
    Options

@Fiona_G  Thanks for the quick response. I am more concerned about disabling access via the ID/random PW function. "Disable" in this case means no password required (i.e. someone can access with just the ID)? Or does it mean no one can use the ID / PW function to access?

Thanks.

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hi @TokyoTony,

Thanks for your reply.

"Disable" here means no password generated for each session, but others still need your ID and password to connect with your device via TeamViewer excepting they are granted Easy Access or have the personal password for unattended access. As I mentioned above, you can find the information needed in those two articles.

I hope this clarifies it for you.

Best regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • TokyoTony
    Options

@Fiona_G 

Thanks for your paitence while I understand this. I must be really dense. Let me explain what I want to do, and perhaps that will make things clearer.

I want to use TV for _only_ me to access my computer remotely and I only want to use the Easy Access function. Thus, I have set up an Easy Access by entering my in the Settings my email and password for the account. I do not want anyone remotely accessing my computer using the Your ID/Password. So, from what I understand, I am supposed to change "Password Strength" to "Disabled (no random password)".

When I do that, TV shows a "Your ID" but the "Password" is shown as "-":

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 8.37.04 AM.png

My concern is with this set up, does this mean that someone could remotely access my computer with the Your ID only? 

Thanks,

Tony