Grant Access to Account Management. HUH?

Options

1. I went to Google and searched for "teamviewer unmute microphone every time" to find out why suddenly my MSP's Teamviewer now asks me to unmute my mic (don't have one, nothing is plugged into my mic jacks)...... EVERY TIME. I don't mind, as it is just more billable time for me, the tech, and even coming here asking **bleep** is up, is free money for me. I ask my boss that pushes this stuff on us but he doesn't know, doesn't even care -- the money is rolling in so why bother caring?

2. I find an "answer" online (https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/quot-Partner-started-the-internet-call-Do-you-want-to-unmute/td-p/7485) that says to "fix" this problem.... UPDATE LINUX?? https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Linux/Update-Linux-12-0-85001-Bugfix-for-quot-unmute-microphone-quot/m-p/14507#M574

3. I am on a Windows PC. Silence....

4. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyway, I have another question, since I'm already here wasting company time on a bug that shouldn't exist (poor testing and releasing premature TeamViewer update and now I'm here, technically, ultimately, helping out with the fix by creating more BUZZ online about this problem so it *actually* gets fixed -- kind of like how an IDEA needs a certain amount of votes online for the feature to get implimented). MY QUESTION IS THIS: I came here to reply to this question to say it is not working since I'm on a PC, and, of course, needed to sign up. After creating my bogus email account and signing up, I am presented with a popup that says "GRANT ACCESS: TeamViewer Community is requesting the following permissions: -Account management"

So without elaborating on my initial concern, am I the only one who thinks **bleep**?! The community wants account management access to my new TeamViewer account I just created so I could reply to this "fix"? What is that about?

Grant Account Access to TeamViewer Community WTFF.PNG

Thanks!

Comments

• AVD
    AVD Posts: 2
    Options

Previous post from 2018 

Explain to me why I MUST grant community access management to my account in order to create a post.

This same question was posed in 2018 and there are NO responses.