Locking Down TeamViewer Host in a Corporate Environment

Hello,

We recently deployed TeamViewer in our corporate environment and I've noticed users have the ability to change settings on their host clients. With the ability to change their password, they are able to connect to their computer remotely from anywhere with any Teamviewer client.

Capture.PNG

The only policy I could find in the management console was one that requires admin rights to make changes. Unfortunately, all of our users require local admin rights on their workstations.

Is there another way to lock this part of Teamviewer Host down?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• DomLan
    DomLan Posts: 490 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @vwtesalazar

try to take a look at this thread

Regards

Domenico Langone

MCSD: App Builder

• I appreciate the link.

However, this only gives a semi-solution for the password problem and no solution to my specified problem. End users are able to edit any settings on the host client, potentially removing our managed access altogether. 

I'd be fine if there needs to be a .reg pushed via GPO to disable this, but would need to know the changes I'd need to make.

Thank you!

• avx
    avx Posts: 2 ✭✭

You could try speaking to your employees, you know - treat them like humans, at least until this is fixed.  An e-mail might do the trick.

• TBA
    TBA Posts: 1

LOL.

• try pushing the following entry Security_Adminrights"=dword:00000001 as .reg through gpo