Prevent teamviewer from using any sound

nems
nems Posts: 1

Ok, so this problem seems to be the opposite of what most people are asking for.

I want to be able to disable Teamviewer from hijacking local sound when connected to a remote client.

To be clear: If im working on PC1 and i use Teamviewer to connect to PC2. I dont want Teamviewer to disable local sounds on PC1. I want to continue listening to Spotify or whatever. Currently Teamviewer will hijack sound, and prevent audio from local applications from playing.

Does anyone know of a fix for this, or is it how Teamviewer functions? And if so, can developers please add an option for preventing this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Right click on your Volume icon on the System Tray then click on Open Volume Mixer, and simply mute the TeamViewer application from that point.

• Unfortunately, I dont see Team Viewer in my Volume Mixer in Windows 10 :-( ... so the app is still hijacking the system audio.

• Try to keep the TeamViewer sound active (go to options and open Audioconference or make a test session), Then it will show up in the sound mixer. 

• FrankBe
    FrankBe Posts: 1

I fixed this the following way:

Go to Teamviewer settings -> Audio Conferencing.

Change Voice playback device and go (from Default communication device) to "Standard playback device" it seems TV is not handled as "communication tool" anymore form windows but as a regular sound source.

At least my HostPC sound kept working after this change.

Frank

• jzhhn
    jzhhn Posts: 3 ✭✭

Julia is almost right for Windows 10. Right click on the speaker icon. Chose sounds. Go to the communications tab. Chose do nothing. Click apply. Click OK. It's done.

• FranHo
    FranHo Posts: 1

One way is to set Call by telephone in the communicate tab.

• LocalTech
    LocalTech Posts: 1

Teamviewer is treating the audio connection it uses as a hand-free call so if you have a bluetoothe device that does calling and standard audio (sony XM series headsets for example) then teamviewer will break your bluetooth device until you reconnect it UNLESS you change teamviewer to use any random NOT bluetooth audio device. in my case I use a TV. my problem now is that the TV turns off and that audio device disappears and teamviewer goes back to default which breaks my audio. I have seen this behavior in more and more apps lately and I have a hunch that devs are copy pasting audio solutions from github and blindly implementing this massive issue that only impacts a few people.

• fabeskins
    fabeskins Posts: 1

Not only do you have to do this with the Audio Playback but also the Voice Input section as well, change 'Default Device' to Standard Recording Device, or something like that.

• pcruiter
    pcruiter Posts: 1

I've tried all the above options but none solve this issue on my Windows 11 laptop.

Is there any insight when this issue is going to be resolved.

Very annoying!