Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Electron

Teamviewer 13 & Mojave Beta 10.14 - Volume Issues (again...?)

Hello,

I have browsed the forums a bit and am noticing a pattern. Why does Teamviewer for Mac keep causing audio issues? My volume was way low and then I do a few google searches and one of the best answers on an apple support topic was to quit/force quit Teamviewer 10 and your volume returns to normal. (I have Teamviewer 13 currently)

I did not test this with Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra as I don't usually use my external speakers but I am now using the beta (Mojave) and I had the volume issue. I strongly believe it was probably an issue on High Sierra, too. This was also an issue (from what I can tell) on your software versions 9-12 and now 13.

My question is - this seems to be an issue for you guys update after update...what's the problem? Why has this not been addressed on a higher level? Why aren't emails being sent out to users (or maybe I have not seen them) that this could be an issue? I know Apple loves to change things to mess with others software but if the tech company I worked for released an update after update and the same thing continued to break, clients would move on to something more reliable...

I work in IT and my company is in the middle fo deciding if we are taking this global.  I think this would be a major factor in that. QA in software updates is important. A large company does not need to have IT tickets coming in about volume issues on top of dealing with normal day-to-day requests.

Did 13 fix the volume issue on High Sierra? So will we need to wait until 14 to see a fix for Mojave (I obviously know this is still in beta but it will release soon).

Thanks!