Teamviewer and Microsoft Edge

I believe there is a bug in Teamviewer.  About half the time when I remote into another computer, the Microsoft Edge home page also launches on the remote computer.  We don't even use Microsoft Edge.  Chrome is our browser.  This also happened about a year ago and I was told that the problem had been corrected . . . and it had.  However, it's back.  Anyone have a similar problem and know how to fix it?

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Treetopwoody,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

Our dedicated teams are still investigating where this behaviour might come from.

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager

• Silinteritie
    Silinteritie Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited March 2022

Two years and still investigating?

TeamViewer even seems to add Edge on the startup programs list for the user (registry key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run). Without the user's consent.

Together with the "what's new" popups this is the most annoying feature of TeamViewer and causes a lot of trouble.

You have a great product, but with some surprisingly strange flaws that absolutely KILL the user experience and usability sometimes.

• evinchi
    evinchi Posts: 1

Any news on this Edge topic? Edge is not allowed in some organizations and so we cannot use TeamViewer licence if there is a link to Edge. Why this? Any good reason for not asking consent before proceeding with TeamViewer installation? Any hidden TV agreement that impacts on the final user?

If no solution or not answer I will report this to my organization in order to move to another solution that does not require such extra SW link