Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Unable to connect with older Mac OS

I help my 91-year-old Mother using TeamViewer as we live in different states. She is on a Mac using system 10.11 and this cannot be updated due to the age of her computer.

She has a version of TeamViewer 9.0.43731. Team Viewer cuts off our sharing time and asks her to update -- but she CAN NOT update due to the OS.

I have tried to update her version -- but this fails. Is there any work-around ??-- since she nor I can afford a new computer.

I am an individual consumer -- so Team Viewer does not appear tohave a paid plan for me. I would happily pay for such a plan -- but I am not a business, nor can I afford that monthly fee (appropriate to business). 

Thank you for the free version! But now I am stuck and less able to help her.

Thank you for any information -- or a way to actually contact TeamViewer.

1 Reply
1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Unable to connect with older Mac OS

Hello @mdesign

Thank you for your message.

Other users have the same issue. Please see in the following thread our official answer to this: Re: Stuck on v13 due to older Mac software needs

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Cheers,

Jean

French Community Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution button below. ✅
You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!
Thanks for being an active member of our Community!