Windows Update not Active and Windows Firewall not Active

"Windows Update not Active" keeps showing up on hosts that are fully updated, we acknowledge, the flag turns yellow, but returns to red shortly thereafter. We could very well just ignore it, but we would rather fix the issue.   Some desktops also indicate Windows Firewall not Active.  I don't want to change settings to disable integrated system health checks.

WindowsUpdateNotActive.PNG

Comments

• Any actual response to this? Or do we have to open a ticket?

• JesperMoller
    JesperMoller Posts: 2 ✭✭

Did you ever manage to get an answer on this?

I have multiple clients show with firewall not active, when they in fact do have Firewall active, we are using Microsoft Defender.

• LPXDs
    LPXDs Posts: 1

All Firewall settings are on and green

• gadgetgeek
    gadgetgeek Posts: 8 ✭✭

I am having the same issue. Does anyone help in the forum? I have several questions that are exactly the same as everyone else, yet none of these posts have any answers, suggestions, or follow up.

• hind20222
    hind20222 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Appears to be issues with most monitoring alerts?

Just signed onto TeamViewer so new to the modules etc.

I have a number of notifications that should be cleared. I have 3 machines that are online but the monitoring module alerts them as offline. Strange.

Also curious, it is possible to create a support ticket, right? For whatever reason I get routed to this link ever time I try to access support.teamviewer.com: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/5274/teamviewer-s-new-and-improved-support-structure/p1

Not sure I buy that the community is going to resolve all my issues?

• hind20222
    hind20222 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Posting the TeamViewer support response to my ticket if it helps anyone else. Can NOT confirm it has resolved my issue.

Also want to point out, the offline alert trigger is set for longer than 5 minutes....so alerts shouldn't even be appearing when a machine reboots. All hosts on the latest versions.

-----------------------

Hello,

Thank you for contacting TeamViewer.

Please make sure you have the newest version of TeamViewer running on those computers (15.27).

If you still having a problem with the newest version, please deactivate the monitoring service, remove the assignment, reboot the device, do the assignment again, and activate the monitoring service again.

If you have any other questions or the problem still happening, please let me know.

Best Regards, 

--------------------------

Was really hoping these alerts would be a useful real-time monitoring system. So far its been a bunch of false positives. Hopefully others have experienced otherwise.

• wprewitt
    wprewitt Posts: 4 ✭✭

I am having the same issue. The response I received is posted below:

Hello, 

Thank you for getting back to us!

Please try removing the device from your list, installing the TeamViewer application and restarting the device. 

Once the device is restarted you can reinstall the TeamViewer application and re-add the device to your list so you can reapply the policy. 

​Below are instructions on how to uninstall and install on Windows. 

Uninstall - https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/16835-uninstall-teamviewer-on-windows

Reinstall - https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/1389-install-teamviewer-on-windows

Please let me know what happens!

Kind regards, 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

To say the least, this did not resolve the issue.

Has anyone else found a solution?

• wprewitt

I am trying to investigate why my systems are showing the Windows Firewall is not active. I have looked into it a bit and the service is running and seems to be turned on in control panel. What else is TeamViewer looking for to make this determination. Also if someone could point me to the location of documentation such as this it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

• wprewitt

This issue was resolved for me below is the answer I received from support.

Hello, 

Thank you for your message. 

On some occasions there are other applications that can take over the settings from the machine.

We recommend revising the firewall configuration on the device directly from the Terminal (CMD)

TeamViewer takes the information from this location. This location takes the information from Windows registry settings.

Please open CMD as administrator on the machine affected and run the following command:

netsh advfirewall show all

This command will show you if the firewalls are ON or OFF.

If the firewalls are OFF after running the command, but the Firewalls show as ON on Windows Firewall GUI center is due to the following issues:

1. There is a local policy modify settings

2. There is a domain policy modifying these settings

3. There is a centralized application taking over the Windows settings (AntiVirus\ another Firewall\ security appliance)

​​

Please let us know how it works after this or if you have further questions. 

Best regards,

Hope this helps someone!