option to remotely control a computer gone.

Options

Fully licensed version of 15, was working this morning, and now suddenly after i disabled in product advertising, i no longer have the option to remotely control computers in my list. if i click on one, all i get is presentation and video call.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Tagged:

Comments

• TotalPC
    TotalPC Posts: 87 ⭐Star⭐
    Options

Hi teknogk,

I believe the disabled ads and the issue you're now experiencing are unrelated. I disabled them too and have not experienced that issue myself.

What happens if you try manually connecting to one of your remote systems? Grab one of your remote system IDs (right click, properties), switch to "Remote Control", and try connecting by entering the Partner ID under Control Remote Computer, and click Connect. Does it work when you do it manually that way?

Not suggesting that as a solution, just want to see if it works at all that way.

TeamViewer user since version 6 (2010). We used other remote software programs (TVNC UVNC PCAny) for many years before.
  • Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,051 Former Community Manager
    Options

Hi @teknogk 

Agreeing with @TotalPC : Disabling the InProduct messages does not remove the remote control functionality.

Just to be on the safe side: Are you in the tab Meeting and still seeing Remote Control? 

Remote control tab.png

When switching back to Remote Control: What do you see?

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager