Activating Teamviewer

Michael83
Michael83 Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Problem Activating Teamviewer Quick Support.

I have a Personal Account (non Commercial) and wish to help an elderly friend who owns a Samsung Tablet Model SM-T800. I successfully loaded Teamviewer to the tablet and was able to take control of my laptop from her device, but this is the reverse of what I need. I need to have control of her Tablet. I have installed and uninstalled “Teamviewer Quick Support” a number of times without getting past the message at the bottom of the screen “Activating Team Viewer”. Interestingly, I have an identical model tablet and have (for practice) successfully set up both Team Viewer and Quick Support so find my failure with her tablet most frustrating. Two questions:

• Can I use Teamviewer to set her up as taking control of my laptop, and then swap directions so I can take control using my laptop? I recall being able to do this some years ago, but cannot see how to do so with the current version.
  • If swapping directions is not possible, can you advise how to get past the “Activating Teamviewer” message on her Tablet when trying to take control of her device using Quick Support.

Michael83

Tagged: