Customers expect great service from IT Support

Options
Esther
Esther Posts: 4,051 Former Community Manager

Hi Community,

One of the most popular uses of TeamViewer is of course: IT support.

A big challenge is in meeting the customer service expectations, because customers expect great customer service - no matter the size of your company.

How do you ensure great customer service? And how do you use TeamViewer to deliver great results for your customers?

Please share your thoughts and experiences in this thread with me.

Best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

Comments

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Options

I have been doing IT support for about 8 years now and software support for one of my customers for close to 12. What I have found to be the best part of teamviewer is the Quick Support tool and a direct link to it from our website.

When you have a customer who is having an issue, being able to direct them to the company website. Telling them to click this link, run the program and then click Allow so I can take over your computer. Then if you think the issue isn't completely resolved, the customer is going to have another issue soon, or if you are going to need to work on the issue later. Quickly being able to convert the QS tool into a Host for later unattended or easier access. The host also has the other benifit of being able to deploy the ITBrain products and do some monitoring as well.

BUT the main reason I switched to TeamViewer from a competing product. The fact that I could do support from my iPad or other mobile devices. If a customer calls me and I am not at my desk, I can at least start to help them from where I am until I get to my computer.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • Esther
    Options

Hi bartlanz,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

I really like the QuickSupport as well and from my experiences in the last couple of years of talking to our customers, it is one of the most used TeamViewer features.

Linking the module with your own logo on your website with a button or something similar is simply genius and in normal cases easy to explain.

Do you also use the SOS-button for your QuickSupport? Or just upgrading to a customized Host when a customer wants to repeat a session with your company? (Both options are actually great).

Best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Options

I do use the SOS button. Depending on who the customer is and what their issue(s) are We will use the SOS button or convert them to the HOST. I do wish the SOS button had customization for the desktop Icon that is used. It would be nice if it could be my company logo instead of the TeamViewer Logo.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • Esther
    Options

Hi bartlanz,

I´ll upvote a feature request for customizing the SOS shortcut icon for you :-)

I agree, this would be a good step to make the corporate appearance even better.

Thank you once again.

Best,

Esther

Former Community Manager