Announcements

First Step Guides

1. Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

2. New to the Remote Access Plan? Find our first steps FAQ here or ask your questions in our dedicated support board.

3. Are you new to blizz and online meetings or classes and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

4. Check out our FAQ for using TeamViewer Pilot in healthcare to benefit from TeamViewer´s powerful augmented reality solution.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

GEO-IP filter

Customer is setting up GEO-IP filter. I have excluded germany, However when we turn it on teamviewer does not respond. I need Teamviewer IP authentication addresses (DNS names donrt work)

ALSO as a license holder the "ask support" page does not work (chrome or edge)

2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: GEO-IP filter

Hi @looker44

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, we do not have fixed IP addresses and so do not have a list of this type to provide sorry.

From our Security page
"The TeamViewer software makes connections to our master servers located around the world. These servers use a number of different IP address ranges, which are also frequently changing. As such, we are unable to provide a list of our server IPs. However, all of our IP addresses have PTR records that resolve to *.teamviewer.com. You can use this to restrict the destination IP addresses that you allow through your firewall or proxy server.

Having said that, from a security point-of-view this should not really be necessary – TeamViewer only ever initiates outgoing data connections through a firewall, so it is sufficient to simply block all incoming connections on your firewall and only allow outgoing connections over port 5938, regardless of the destination IP address."

I am sorry I cannot provide an IP list as requested.

All the best,
-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Re: GEO-IP filter

Allow Germany and Hong Kong. Worked for us