How do I get Computers and Contacts to not ask for a password for the remote system?

I'm trying to install TV on a WIndows system.  I have it up on my Mac and it works fine, but I somehow got my rig so that it logs in to the remote system without asking for a Password.  How do I do it on the Windows system?  I know that Computers and Contacts is the place and TV identifies the remote computer, but it require a password.  None is needed from my Mac and I can't find the switch to set on the Windows system so it won't ask for he Password.

Comments

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Hi pokeyarw, 

Thank you for your post!

If you want to be able to connect to a computer directly, without having to type in the ID and password, you would need to complete the following steps:

1. Set up a personal password on the remote machine

2. Save the ID and personal password of the remote machine in your Computers & contacts list 

You can set up a personal password in the main window of your TeamViewer client via "Extras > Options > Security > Personal password". Then, open your Computers & contacts list: You will see four symbols in the upper part of the window. Click the one to the very left (it looks like the silhouette of a person with a "+" sign attached), select "Add remote computer" and enter the ID and personal password of your remote machine.

Once this has been set up, you should be able to connect with a double click on the remote machine.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

All the best, 

Katharina

• well its showing in my list of computers on the right side but it still asks me for a password when i doubleclick it to connect...what have i done wrong...and how can i fix it, i need to be able to access my partners computer while hes at work to do updates etc (he's clueless) but don't know what i have done wrong 

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Hi bhale7904,

Thank you for your post!

If the Computers & contacts list is asking you to enter a password when you double-click one of your entries, there are two things that you should check:

1. Make sure that you have set up a personal password on the remote computer.

You can do this under "Extras > Options > Security > Personal password" in the main window of your TeamViewer client (on the remote computer). Simply type in a password of your choice, confirm it in the filed below and click on OK at the bottom of the window.

2. Make sure that you have stored the personal password in your Computers & contacts list.

Once the personal password is set up, go to your Computers & contacts list, hover over the computer in question, click on the drop-down arrow that will appear. Next, click on the gearwheel icon and select "Properties". In the small window that opens, type in the personal password that you saved on the remote computer and confirm by clicking on OK.

Once you have set up the personal password on the remote machine and saved it in your Computers & contacts list as well, you should be able to connect via a double-click. If TeamViewer still asks you to enter a password, that means the two passwords (the one on the remote computer and the one in your Computers & contacts list) do not match. In that case, I would recommend going through steps 1 & 2 again in order to make sure that there are no mistakes or typos. 

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know. 

All the best,

Katharina

• thanks this was just what i was looking for

• elydeg
    elydeg Posts: 1

hi, i tried the below but i have no silouhette with a plus sign on either pc teamviewer