Announcements

First Steps Guidelines

1. Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and do you need some help? Check out our FAQ here.
  2. New to the Remote Access Plan? Find our first steps FAQ here.
  3. Are you new to blizz and online meetings or classes and do you need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Install teamviewer 12 GPO

Hello and sorry for my english,

I try to install to install teamviwer by GPO. I follow the manual and i have thinks i don t understand

i created Host package with customization, and create GPO : no problem for that.

In manual, it is recommended to use automated account assignent. So i follow the procedure, i understand i have to deploy with the tool after install MSI in a script (batch for example).

The auto assigement account is nessecerray for deply strategie for example, that is true ?
what is it for ?

Second thing, in manual what is it for the tool TrustConfigID.ps1 and the SCP,same thing as the auto assigment tool ? i have to choose the method between the 2 ?

thanks

3 Replies
3 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Install teamviewer 12 GPO

I have a similar problem. I was able to deploy teamviewer_host with GPO, but how do I now run the TeamViewer_Assignment via GPO? 

The instructions say "This could for example be done by making the Assignment Tool available via a network share and running a script to call up the Assignment Tool on the devices after successful deployment of the MSI package."

But how do you do that with a GPO deployment?

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

hello,

to use auto assignement, i did it by script batch like this in script :

\\share-to-server\TeamViewer_Assignment.exe -apitoken 24510E34-hAJo4EOxO -datafile ${ProgramFiles}\TeamViewer\AssignmentData.json

it work very well

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Sorry but how do you do it in a script? I don't know how to do a script to run once in GPO.

It should be easier then this to deploy teamveiwer in a corporate environment.