Major Memory Leak in TV13 on Windows 7

Hi,

I use TeamViewer to remotely log in to a few PCs in my network. I'm using LAN mode only, I never access these PC's anywhere besides within my network. I just prefer the functionality of TeamViewer over Windows RDP.

Anyways, from my main PC that logs into the other PC's, I notice that TeamViewer has an incredibly large memory leak. This did not exist at all in Version 9 (which I was using for many years, but it had problems with managing my 1 PC that has Windows 10).

For example, if I leave Teamviewer open for maybe, 10 minutes, it will be using already 1gb RAM and increasing. It tops out at somewhere around 1.5gb, although it could possibly go even higher.

Once it hits these levels (quickly) and I try to close the program, it "slowly" attempts to "unload" the memory usage and fails / crashes every single time. I starting monitoring task manager during this to see what was happening. I would say without a doubt it's a memory leak. Here's an example crash report from Event Viewer.

Faulting application name: TeamViewer.exe, version: 13.1.3629.0, time stamp: 0x5ac34b09
Faulting module name: TeamViewer.exe, version: 13.1.3629.0, time stamp: 0x5ac34b09
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0028d707
Faulting process id: 0x23c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d41db4a7940bec
Faulting application path: D:\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe
Faulting module path: D:\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe
Report Id: 14ab044c-89a8-11e8-8f0b-b06ebfd20174

This happens every single time I leave Teamviewer open for a while then try to close it. I've started not even pressing close, just going to task manager and ending the process myself. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future, because it's getting really annoying dealing with this every single time I leave Teamviewer open for longer than 10 minutes.

Note that again this problem did not exist in TV9, only in TV13.

Thanks!

Comments

• Still exists in 13.2.14327 as of today.
  • I'm not sure this is limited to 7, my windows 10 machine does it as well. 600MB and climbing. I'm surprised nothing has been done about this considering that the issue seems years old (judging by a quick forum search). Software like this is why computers need boatloads of ram, to compensate for bad coding (don't get me wrong, I love teamviwer, but it needs some tlc).

• Did anyone ever get you an answer on this? I'm having this issue as well with 14.2.2558

@highpec wrote:

Hi,

I use TeamViewer to remotely log in to a few PCs in my network. I'm using LAN mode only, I never access these PC's anywhere besides within my network. I just prefer the functionality of TeamViewer over Windows RDP.

Anyways, from my main PC that logs into the other PC's, I notice that TeamViewer has an incredibly large memory leak. This did not exist at all in Version 9 (which I was using for many years, but it had problems with managing my 1 PC that has Windows 10).

For example, if I leave Teamviewer open for maybe, 10 minutes, it will be using already 1gb RAM and increasing. It tops out at somewhere around 1.5gb, although it could possibly go even higher.

Once it hits these levels (quickly) and I try to close the program, it "slowly" attempts to "unload" the memory usage and fails / crashes every single time. I starting monitoring task manager during this to see what was happening. I would say without a doubt it's a memory leak. Here's an example crash report from Event Viewer.

Faulting application name: TeamViewer.exe, version: 13.1.3629.0, time stamp: 0x5ac34b09
    Faulting module name: TeamViewer.exe, version: 13.1.3629.0, time stamp: 0x5ac34b09

This happens every single time I leave Teamviewer open for a while then try to close it. I've started not even pressing close, just going to task manager and ending the process myself. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future, because it's getting really annoying dealing with this every single time I leave Teamviewer open for longer than 10 minutes.

Thanks!

@highpec wrote:

Hi,

Thanks!