Managing multi use cases on one network?

Options

I'm thinking about getting some licenses but we have three departments with four different use cases and I'm wondering if this is even possible with one account.

1. IT Department Network Admins: Need unattened access to all computers and servers.

2. IT Department Help Desk: Need to be able to assist users by initiating remote sessions where the user allows the connection.

3. Service Department: Needs to be able to assist customers, probably with quick support.  Should not have access to any onsite computers at all.

4. Software Department: These developers would need to be able to connect to their own computers from home on occasion.  We need to have full logging of this senario.

Comments

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Options

All of this should be doable. I have coppied and pasted your questions so I can answer them individually.

As a prequiset, We are going to asume you are purchasing a corporate license, and will be installing TeamViewer on each of your managed computers. You will then be setting up TeamViewer with a personal Password

1. IT Department Network Admins: Need unattened access to all computers and servers.

Create a group in your computer list, add all managed pc's to the list, and add the password to the pc when it is added so that the users do not need to type a password, Share the group to the appropriate people.

2. IT Department Help Desk: Need to be able to assist users by initiating remote sessions where the user allows the connection.

Creat a group (different than the one for admin) add all pcs to the list. Share it to the people in this group, DO NOT save a password for each computer on the list. The tech will have to click the prompt for confirmation button.

3. Service Department: Needs to be able to assist customers, probably with quick support.  Should not have access to any onsite computers at all.

just dont share any of the above groups with these people. If you really want to lock them out, setup a black/white list on your pcs which will prevent people or only allow certain people to access systems. This is recomended for security reasons in general.

4. Software Department: These developers would need to be able to connect to their own computers from home on occasion.  We need to have full logging of this senario.

Logging is done via policies in TeamViewer, I recommend turning it on for all of your systems in general.

Simply create accounts for these people and install teamviewer on both their work and home pc and sign in. They should be able to remote control their pc at will at that point. If you want to lock this down a bit more, I might suggest using the Host on the work PC to prevent them from using TeamViewer to connect to their Home computer. This will require a bit more training for both your users and more work for your helpdesk to help people setup their stuff. 

If you want any of this clarified more, please feel free to reach out to me or post here :)

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti