Partner could not be contacted at the given network address

Options

TeamViewer Error.jpg

TeamViewer has been working perfectly for years.  Suddenly, I can no longer connect to any of my remote desktops.  Nothing has changed on either end, other than this inability to connect now.  Please help!

Comments

• berger
    Options
    Me too. I just updated to the new version recently. Did you recently update?

TeamViewer Error.jpg

• tmarie0673
    Options

I updated to Version 13 after I received the message.  Still same issue.  Saw on another thread that someone downgraded back to Version 11 and that helped, but I downgraded to 11 and am still having the same problem.  *sigh*

• berger
    Options

Well i'm no tech expert, so i'm looking for similarities between our problems so we might nail down the problem. How long has the problem been going on and have you recently changed internet providers or had a storm? I was working on a slow internet connection. When I changed locations to a faster internet connection, it started working again.

• DFWKen
    DFWKen Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Options

Has been working fine to various remote locations.  Yesterday, I could not connect to one computer on a LAN in a remote location., but could connect to others on their LAN.  

Today, I cannot connect to a different computer in a different location, different client, different LAN.  

First time to experience this after 2 years of almost perfect Teamviewer operation.  

• lexxsimf
    Options

The same thing happening with my work and home computers. All was fine untill one day, may be week ago, when Teamviewer said me goodbye. There were no any updates, I had not changed any network settings. I am using Teamviewer more than two years in same way.

• Maite
    Maite Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the same problem for the last few weeks. I cannot access to PCs where nothing has changed and previously could. I have tried to deactivate Ipv6 but it does not work. I tried phoning TeamViewer also but as I used the free version they did not even give me the option to talk to somebody, just the automatic reply. What have you done?
  • SierraFred
    SierraFred Posts: 1
    Options

Hi-

I am a new user, Everything was surprisingly easy to setup, and the first time I used TeamViewer between two computers on my home LAN all was fine. Then, I started getting the same "Partner could not be contacted at the given network address". I tried everything I could think of on my router setup (I have a dynamic IP address), but finally, just tried using the actual numeric ID for the remote computer rather than the assigned name. Worked fine! Some things can be so simple. Don't know when the name to numeric ID resolution will be fixed, maybe in a future update. Anyhow, this worked for me.

• BKOB
    BKOB Posts: 3
    Options

Same situation on my end.

I have tried an older version (8.0.20935 QSC) --> this one works fine.

But not version 13.1.3629 QSC.

So....no official solution yet?

• makeys
    makeys Posts: 1
    Options

It solved in on my mac by disabling ipv6.  It appears that an IPV6 address is being assigned and it will screwing with Teamviewer.   In the TCPIP option under IPV6, I changed it to link-local only and bam! it works!!!

• BKOB
    BKOB Posts: 3
    Options

Thanks for your feedback, but IP6 was all the time disabled already. Official workaround from Teamviewer: Quicksupport is not designed to be used on servers only on clients. For servers Teamviewer Host should be used. 

Well, Teamviewer-Host did work. Afterwards we figured out that our QS-package had a misconfig. Once this was corrected, QS did work also on the server.

best regards from Berlin