Posted by klauzja
Photon

Playing Video/Audio on a remote client

Hi all,

Is there a way to see a playback of Video/Audio content from a remote client? For example, I want to login to a remote client and play a movie (e.g. using VLC player) on the host PC I logged in from.

When I tried this the movie plays ok, but I don't get any sound on my PC, the sound is played only on the remote PC.

I have checked the settings in the Teamviewer manus and can see "Computer Sound" is checked on.

Thanks for any advice.

2 Replies
2 Replies
Posted by Former Staff Jonathan
Former Staff

Re: Playing Video/Audio on a remote client

Hi klauzja,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community!

I was able to test the scenario you described connecting from a Windows 10 desktop to a Windows 10 laptop. I was able to open VLC on the remote computer (laptop) and play a new video. 

The sound was transmitted from the remote computer to the local computer with no problems.

That said please be sure the option to play Computer Sounds and Music is selected on both computers. 

2017-01-16 16_26_48-TeamViewer video.png

In addition you can check to make sure that you have the latest version of TeamViewer on both computers.

Hope this helps!

All the best,

Jonathan

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Posted by alippiatt
Henagon

Re: Playing Video/Audio on a remote client

The issue for me was that TeamViewer 12 by default is set to use the "Default Communication Device" for the Speakers in the Voice Playback section of Settings for Audio Conferencing. So I changed the drop-down to my actual speakers. Alternatively, I could have changed the default communications device to my speakers in the Windows 10 control panel Sound properties.