Please disable: Automatic lock computer on session end. 3 second anim.to disable mouse cntrl Remove

Options

This is among the most annoying settings of TeamViewer. If I help my mom who has an eye disease and she gets locked out of her computer and can't log-in, I have to immediately reconnect and re-log her in.

Another issue is each time I disable this 'feature', it keeps on re-enabling itself. Thankfully it hasn't in a while, but I had this happen about 20 times in a row, after unchecking the box. It was, and still is, an annoying problem that needs to be fixed.

I would say that it is malicious - because if you remotely help someone, why log them off after you're done, unless you are using TeamViewer maliciously and want them locked out of the computer for the time it takes them to log back in... IE: You see them trying to uninstall TeamViewer, and log them out to prevent them from doing that.... It is a feature which should be controlled on the recipients computer, not from the person connecting. 

Another instance: The user you're connected to goes to disable your mouse control, you log them off and reconnect - then start file-transfers while they try logging in again. Log them back off, and keep doing it. They won't get control back. It needs to be controlled on THEIR end, not the person connecting. Just like mouse control, etc... ( Also, mouse control, etc.. to revoke, should be ALWAYS VISIBLE )..

Right now you can hide that TeamViewer tab, easily, which makes it hard for the user to disable mouse control, and that SLOW ANIMATION to open that 'drawer' for the disable mouse-control, and other options, to come out takes around 3 seconds or so... that's too long for this type of software.

It needs to be permanently visible, and non-controllable by the person connected.

Edit:

I should say - that by default this feature is enabled when it shouldn't be because of its malicious use ability. For that same reason it should be controlled not by the connecting user, but by the client.

And, just the same, the drawer for disabling user control should be always visible, without taking up as much toom. When you close the drawer, the icons should be visible - because when they are not, if you need QUICK access to them, and it takes 3 seconds for the drawer to open before the user can get to it - the connecting person could've done irreperable harm by that time.

I like the idea of the software, but there doesn't seem to be enough concern for security, or defense against scammers that use it to scam people... ie: It would be nice to block access to editing web-pages which trick technically incapable people into thinking money was magically transferred into their account, when nothing has happened. But, this would require either an api standardized across all browsers, or it could require a lot of work to protect against if done one way. A simple / hacky solution would be to simply block access to a list of programs with titles... That's easy enough to get - and I don't think you need to be able to live-edit a web-page to solve an issue... Reading it should be enough.

The software should be designed with the person being connected to in-mind... first... If the connection is reversed, then that mindset stays the same because the person originally connected-to is now the origin - so protect the original origin. This doesn't require any additional work.

Edit: Another simple idea: If you don't want to block windows: If a user is editing the page, and / or making the page smaller ( to quote 'hide our bank details and prevent others from seeing bank details', of which the user didn't get this 'protection' ) then there should be a warning shown on screen and TV automatically notified of a potential scammer.

If you follow these scammers, their script is incredibly strict - mostly because they don't know what the **bleep** they are talking about.. Kind of like someone claiming a modern, low powered semi-automatic, rifle is a fully-semi-automatic high powered assault rifle..  Like, what the **bleep** does that even mean? fully semi-automatic? They're trying to make it sound like a select-fire weapon. high powered? Trying to make it sound like a .50 BMG when it is a .22 caliber round... etc..

In short- they use these scripts and their actions are predictible. It is easy to code in a check to see if someone is following the script.. Website accessed, developer console opened, live edit html page accessed, make page smaller, edit and add in a line with money figures, zoom back in - claim money transfer completed in seconds across different banks and multiple countries - which isn't how it really works... As Obama says - because of these news organizations getting their 'facts' from different places and ending up at different results -- too many Americans are living in their own fantasy world, they don't know how it really works, and become more aggressive to the people outside of their fantasy / delusion.

It's kind of similar with people who don't know how things they use every-day works. I know how everything I use works from refridgerator / freezer, to vehicle, to computer, to monitor, to other electronics, etc... But many people just don't care and end up getting burned.

A simple warning: This teamviewer individual connected to you may be trying to scam you warning flashing on the screen for the user, not for the origin, could help save a LOT of money being scammed out of a lot of ignorant individuals pockets. You can't protect against everything, but allowing people to use your software maliciously, and do nothing, is worse than not trying.

-Josh Acecool
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• AnnoyedAdmin
    Options

This does not work in a fresh install of windows 10 pro with team viewer 15.22.3

• Oto
    Oto Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

I also need teamviewer host disable lock on session end but in version 15 is not this option. have someone idea how to do it? Thanks

• cltilsonga
    cltilsonga Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

i am having the same issue on an Mac computer. Any updates on how to disable the lock on session end?

• Biroplast
    Biroplast Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

This does not work (windows 11).

It is very disturbing.

I have corporate licenc