Remote Video Viewing Showing Black Window

Options

Hi Everyone!

Short back story first, just so you know why i need to do what im trying to do. My best friend moved away recently across the country. We promised we would never lose touch, so one night a week we hop on Skype/Teamviewer and have a friends night. We talk, play games, and we like to watch stuff together. Most of the time we can just both find the show/movie on Netflix, and just start them simultaneously. Recently we've wanted to watch Big Bang Theory together, which i have purchased on my computer. She will connect to my PC from her laptop, and ill boot up the episode on Itunes. However, on about 75% of the videos, all she sees is a black window where the show should be playing. Yet the other 25% play perfectly. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this? Ive googled a few times and most people have an entire black screen, while she can still see my desktop, but the window for the show is the only part blacked out. I know this is not very important in the scheme of things, but i love her to death and cherish our one night a week, so any assistance you all can provide will be most appreciated.  

Comments

• SadBunny
    SadBunny Posts: 1
    Options

OK, so, for anyone landing here in the future... I had the issue too, but I solved it by switching browsers. My remote PC was viewing Netflix in Chrome, my local PC got a black screen in the browser (but strangely, I did get the subtitles).

So after trying some other stuff, I switched to watching Netflix through Firefox on my remote machine, and now it works perfectly.

Hope this helps anyone else.

If not, then some other more general things you could look at are the Custom Settings under Extra -> Options -> Remote Control, untick the 'fast video', tick the 'compatibility' option, and try optimizing for quality or speed.