Sign-In Frustration for Automatic Access

I am using the free version of Team Viewer and amd simply trying to set up automoatic access with an ederly relative on the opposite coast. The system works well nomrally but everytime I log in, I need her to also also log in and give me her password. This has generally been working fine for the last few years (which I am indebted to Team Viewer for btw-thank you). However as she gets older it is getting more challanging to go through this step and I just want to set up automatic "Grant Access" to get into her acoount as needed. On paper this seems like it should be very easy but has been a major pain the **bleep**.  I have resigned her in with an account usnername and password, I have gone through all of the authorizations, devices clearances etc at both ends, hers and mine.  On each computer I can sign into Team Viewer on the site but when I launch the remote program via the icon on her system and try to log in on the main UI to set up "Grant Access", it says the system doesn't regonize her credintials. This is after I just signed in on another log in area? I know her creditinals are correct and validated and it is driving me nuts why this won't work! Any suggestions would be apprecieated. We are both using Mac's with the most recent version of the Catalina OS. Thanks

Comments

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @JBTurfers 

I suppose that you have adjusted the screen sharing on the remote mac computer as described in this article. Also, I suppose that you have set up unattended access to the remote computer in order to store its credentials and not needed any time to find out the password.

There is one more option that I think is good to see if you have enabled it, and it is within the menu TeamViewer > Preferences > Advanced.

Please see the screenshot below if it is selected to give full access to the computer.is enabled.

Screenshot 2020-04-16 02.33.38.png

Please check this option, then quit the app, reboot both mac's (if possible) and try to connect when done.

I hope this to lead you to solve this issue.

Best regards

• JBTurfers
    JBTurfers Posts: 3

Thank you so much for the suggestions. Yes, I have tried the top two but have not tried the last one.  I can control her computer with full funcitionality, when she provides me with her password. It the automatic process that is the challange, specifically the account log-in at her side. Will try recheck everything you have suggested and see if that makese a difference.

Thank you again.

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Please remember that It is important to reboot the mac if is possible and when starts again, make sure that TeamViewer is running automatically when macOS starts.

If you have adjusted all the rest properly, then you should be able to connect also from the login screen remotely.

Please update with further results when done.

Best regards