TeamViewer slowing down after time

Options

Pretty new to it, I'm very happy with TeamViewer and I'm currently using it to continue work that I had started home, on the go. Using Windows 10 1709 and now 1803 on powerful computers (core i7 4 GHz+, 16+ GB RAM, nVidia 1070 or Intel Iris gfx), connected by Ethernet.

I've noticed that on long sessions (generally around 30 min but sometimes not even 5) the remote display will suddenly slow down, like the internet connection is clogged: the screen is refreshed in maybe 6 parts, from top to bottom, with significant delay between those parts. Alt-Tab especially is very slow, both to appear and to next display the next app. The remote machine itself is still performant (local tasks run fast, only the remote display is slow).

Closing the connection and reopening it will solve the issue, so it's not so big of a deal. But I'm wondering if it may be an issue with TeamViewer since it always appears with the same symptoms when connecting to my work machine (professional internet connection) and my home PC. And Microsoft RDP doesn't ever exhibit those symptoms, it stays steady over time. It seems streaming audio greatly increases the probability for the issue. Once the slow down occurs, it never gets back to normal until you re-open the session.

I'm behind a (Windows) firewall at home, otherwise directly connected to the modem. At work I'm behind whatever my company runs (which I would assume is close to nothing). Is there anything I might be missing? Are those slowdowns to be expected?

Thanks in advance for any response and again loving the product!

Comments

• Brunni
    Brunni Posts: 2
    Options

No one noticed anything similar? ?

• Ikhtiar
    Options
    I have a similar issue. I have a small PC at home where I setup Unattended Access. However, it makes the PC become very slow. So I had to turn that off and use a separate product. I really liked TeamViewer and this is a major inconvenience for me.