Teamviewer ID and I.P. subnet

Options
Colombo
Colombo Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

I am currently in Sri Lanka but remotely manage my own home computer back in the UK.

All has worked perfectly, until today when for reasons outside the scope of this message, I updated the UK LAN I.P. address range from 192.168.1.1 ... 254/24 to 192.168.2.1 ... 254/24 and rebooted the UK router.

Since then, my Teamviewer client here in Sri Lanka tells me that "Teamviewer is not running on the partner computer" - but it is because I simply got booted off the connection (of course) when the UK router restarted and I use a permanent Teamviewer ID and password.

I would expect that my UK computer (Windows 10) would automatically pick up its new I.P. address without needing a reboot, but do I need to ask someone (when they wake up in a few hours' time!) to reboot it to force this to happen - or is my Teamviewer problem related to something else?  For example, does what I have done to the network mean that I have to regenerate the Teamviewer ID?  I think not from what I have read in the Community FAQ, but ask to be sure.

Many thanks.  It is frustrating being thousands of miles away and unable to physically do things to troubleshoot.

Best Answer

Answers