Announcements

First Step Guides

1. Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.
  2. New to the Remote Access Plan? Find our first steps FAQ here.
  3. Are you new to blizz and online meetings or classes and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Teamviewer asks for password (RDS/Citrix)

Hi guys

I have observed a strange phenomenon with Teamviewer. When are logged into your Teamviewer Account on a Terminal Server and you try to connect to another client, where easy access is configured and no password is set, i get the following Message :

The password you have entered is invalid, please try again

There is no clear pattern when the connections work and when not. I have even included new remote machines to our account with different configurations and a brand-new Teamviewer installation. Before we had Version 7 installed on our local and remote side, it worked fine.

It doesn't play a role if you have the following Versions installed on the remote or local clients:

• 12.0.85060 (Insider)

On the remote machines log files i get the following messages:

CLoginServer::CheckIfConnectionIsAllowed()

LoginServer::runServer: using condition set: {}

CLoginServer::AuthenticateServer()

AuthenticationPublicKey_Passive::Verify: Permission Denied

There is no problem when you establish your connection from a physical machine, logged into your Teamviewer account, trying to connect to a remote client.

I have tested serveral different RDS Server environments to exclude a problem related to our infrastructure.

This is very urgent, because many big companies have a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and user Teamviewer as their daily remote connection tool.

Sincerely

A Teamviewer User