USB Keyboard and Mouse disabled after session

Options

Issue:  After session remote machine's keyboard and mouse are disabled and in Device Manager and dont receive input at all.  Only happens in windows not BIOS or anywhere else, and happened imediatly after session ended.

Steps:  Host connects to remote PC

Both Host and Remote are giving input to the Remote PC

Host Disconnects

Remote PC not longer receives inputs from Keyboard and mouse

It appears to disable the devices in device manager but I cant figure out how to fix it.  I saw another post on a different site saying to reinstall the USB drivers.  I did that and it didnt fix it either

Comments

• Patrick421
    Options

I have the EXACT same problem. I made a mistake to start then in safe mode... Then I could not even start TeamViewer to remote control the affected PC and the PC would always boot in safe mode then.

This is NOT fun

• lensbreak
    Options

Same problem here. During the session everyting worked fine.
    After closing the connection, the remote PC didn't change the black desktop background back to the image.
    After a few seconds, mouse and keyboard inputs were impossible.
    Restarted PC multiple times, inputs are still frozen and desktop background still black.
    It is not a windows problem since touchscreen is still working.

@Admin Please help with this issue asap!

• gurbina93
    Options
    No fix yet?
    Windows 7 Enterprise.
    Remote desktop works, but when the screen lock kicks in and I try to login the mouse and keyboard gets disabled. It stops working via the remote desktop and by using the physical keyboard. The only solution is a hard restart.
  • karthik11
    Options

I  am facing the same problem. Its dissappointing that Teamviewer is still having the issue in version 15.0. Keyboard mouse inputs disabled after session exit. same problem after their system boots. only uninstalling removed the issue.

I painstakingly reinstalled W10 3 times until i found out that the culprit IS TEAMVIEWER!

CAN ANY MODERATOR OR DEVELOPER SUGGEST A SOLUTION?

• Varel1a11
    Options

thanks for this article