Updated Windows Remote, Mac with newest version cannot connect

Options
R08
R08 Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have been using Teamviewer to connect to a remote Windows machine from my Mac. I had to replace my Mac and installed a new version of Teamviewer on the new Mac. When I connected to the Windows machine, selecting the show black screen and disable remote input, was only letting me check both if I checked disable remote input, unchecked disable remote input, checked show black screen, then checked disable remote input, or something wierd like that. I don't recall the exact order, just noted that it was unusual. After that I would get the message saying that the driver needed to be installed to show black screen and I selected install (or whatever option it has to do it). The window would go away like it normally does when I have done this in the past. The next time I connected though, and evertime since then it had me go through it again, so I wasn't sure if any of them had actually installed the driver. Even though if the driver is on the Windows remote end it should already be on their as I have been connecting to it and enableing the black screen without issue for months from my pervious Mac. I thought that perhaps the new install on the Mac was a more recent version than on the Windows, so I checked for an update on the Windows end and there was one available. I don't recall the version number that it listed. I ran the update, which restarted on the program on the Windows end and now I cannot reconnect to the Windows machine and get a message saying that the Windows machine is using a more recent version and that I need to update here on the Mac. The problem is that the version on the Mac is saying it is on the newest version (14.7.1965).

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Valkrider
    Options

Same problem

Windows v: 15.0.8397

Mac v: 14.7.1965

• R08
    R08 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I didn't get a solution from the community yet, so I submitted a ticket to TV supprt. If they come back with a solution, I will share it with the community here as well. 

• Valkrider
    Options

Great, thanks for that worked for me too.

• Maxu
    Maxu Posts: 1
    Options

I have similar issue. Updated TeamViwer to 15.0.8397 for Mac. I can login to remote computer, but it crashes immediately. I have reinstalled TV but no remote access yet!

• JensO
    JensO Posts: 1
    Options

Downgrade of Windows machine to 14.7 worked for me. Structure of TV Support site could be improved much by proactively opening threats consisely describing current issues (dates, versions, etc.) - just a thought ... 

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator
    Options

Hi there, 

Thank you all for your posts. 

Can you please have a look at the answer from one of our Mac developers here

Hope, this could help and you are afterwards able to control the remote Mac running TeamViewer 15.

Wish you all a great day. 

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Evolutionise
    Options

The referenced article does not appear to be related - Its about support for MacOS Catalina.

The problem here is when using Teamviewer to connect to a remote windows host, the Mac prompts to say the remote host is running a newer version and an upgrade is required. When I try to upgrade teamviewer on the MAC, it says it is running the latest version

The remote Windows system is running version 15

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 11.30.30.png

^The above dialog implies that updating is optional but if I cancel then the client fails to connect. If I attempt to update then I am told that I am running the lastest version for MacOS:

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 11.30.42.png

• Evolutionise
    Options

I just noticed the post above about reinstalling - That would probably solve the issue.

Manually uninstalled v14 and installed v15 resolved the issue

• Jack10
    Options

I have been trying to log into a PC from a Mac it just opens and closes.. any help would be appreciated i reinstalled the application few times.