Windows 10 lagging/crashing after launching teamveiwer 12

Options

Windows 10 home on a XPS13 9360 laptop.  Version 1703 with latest version of Teamviewer 12.  I can remote into clients, but then the laptop I'm using get's very laggy/unstable.  Mouse will freeze up for up to 5 seconds, before being ok for about 10 seconds, then being laggy again.  I'm unable to restart the laptop and have to hard reset.  When the laptop boots up, I can use it fine for hours until I remote into a teamviewer huterost again and I immediately have problems.  Sometimes the teaviewer client is fine and it closes normally after a session, sometimes it says "not responding."  I seem to be able to launch the client and if I don't remote into a host, it's sometimes ok and sometimes not.  After logging into a host, I always have the mouse lagging, computer freezing problem.

This also isn't a pointer device issue - if I have a continuos ping going, I can see the ping start to fail right after I use teamviewer.

Laptop was recently reloaded from scratch with all drivers up to date.  I've tried uninstalling teamviewer completely and reloading it.

Other clients from my windows 10 desktop, and teamviewer from my iphone function fine.

Any ideas?  Thank you!

Comments

• bartlanz
    bartlanz Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Options

Try disabling hardware acceleration on your display adapter.

Start>type "This PC"> right click> Select Manage> Device manager>Display Adapters> Right click>Properties> go through the tabs and find a slider for hardware acceleration. Slide it to none.

If those instructions do not net a slider or option, please google how to do it for your device.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
    If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
    Bart Lanzillotti
  • mgittelman
    Options

Thanks, not seeing this anywhere in the Windows 10 control panels or the Intel ones.  Googled for it and nothing.  If you know where to find that, I have a Intel 620 which is pretty common.

I'm assuming that disabling my display adapter in device manager is not what we're looking for, and that I kind of need that enabled to use the laptop?

Thanks for your help.