Announcements

TeamViewer 14.5 has been released. See the Change Logs here.

Highlighted
Posted by Crexis1
Henagon

Windows Server 2016 Essentials DSRM

Hi all,

Can ayone tell me whether TeamViewer runs on a remote Win Srvr 2016 Essentials DC when in Directory Services Recovery Mode (DSRM)? I need to boot into DSRM remotely but only if I'll still be able to access it via TeamViewer after the reboot.

Thanks.

Time flies like an arrow...fruit flies like a banana
2 Replies
Posted by Chiron
Hexagon

Re: Windows Server 2016 Essentials DSRM

Yes, but there are a few things that need to be addressed. I just ran a test and it didn't work the first time.

DSRM is safe mode, and some services will not be available.

• This is a DC? Make sure you have a local admin account to log into since there won't be directory services.
  • Is this also your DHCP server? Make sure you have a static IP address or available DHCP.
  • Is this also your DNS server? Without DNS service TeamViewer can't reach outside servers to establish your connection.

My test server was running Server 2016 build 14393.693 and TeamViewer Host 12.082216

I used DHCP and DNS available on additional servers.

Good luck.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
Posted by Crexis
Digon

Re: Windows Server 2016 Essentials DSRM

@ChironI ended up having to go to site. Strangely, it didn't pick up an IP from the DHCP running on the router. I set the server with a static IP and gateway, left the primary dns as 127.0.0.1 as I know AD DNS doesn't like it if it is not its own primary DNS, set a secondary as the router. Now it works whether booted normally or in DSRM. Thanks for the assist.