When I remote control my own computer (from Windows 10 to Windows 10) and open file explorer, all "splitters" disappeared, which include both window splitters and column splitters, and it's inconvenient although not fatal. Anyone knows how to fix or mitigate this?
Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🙌
Could you please explain more or show us with a screenshot what you mean with all splitters disappeared, which include both window splitters and column splitters?
Many thanks in advance for your clarifications.
You can see explanation about "splitter" here:
A splitter is a bar that divides the body o...
Thank you for your clarifications. 👍
I'd recommend you to disable hardware acceleration and check if this resolved the issue. We explain how to proceed in this post right here: Disable hardware acceleration
I hope this could help. 🍀
Yesterday, I saw your comment and tried to turn off hardware accelleration (at the outgoing side) and then turned it back on, the splitter seemed to be appear (even if I turned it off again), but there are other complications occuring, which are not resolved yet:
1. The Easy Access suddenly doesn't work, which means requiring partner permission. (outgoing side: Windows 10, target side: Windows 10, note: this worked before)
2. I doubt it is related to the Trend Micro Security Agent recently installed on the outgoing Windows 10, but for some reason, I cannot enter safe mode to uninstall Security Agent.
3. In the meantime, Windows has a major upgrade (2004), which takes a long time and is still going.
4. However, when I try another outoging side on Windows 7 (also with Security Agent recently installed), the Easy Access works, so I am doubting this is a bug of TeamViewer, and it happens only occasionally.
I will follow up on this and how it goes.
At this point, I do not think Trend Micro is the root cause of Easy Access stopping working, because it's our firewall/VPN that blocks TeamViewer, and that blocking is the TeamViewer website completely, not just the Easy Access function. In the meantime, the only think I did on that outgoing Windows 10 was to disable/enable hardware acceleration, and all of a sudden, Easy Access stops working. Therefore, I tend to think of this a as a TeamViewer bug. Unfortunately, even uninstall/re-install TeamViewer on the outgoing Windows 10 doesn't fix the problem, do you have any suggestion or workaround? Please kindly advise.
@dino_hsu_1019 have you tried to disable/enable Easy Access again and see if it works?
Sometimes, there can be an issue with the account assignment, so disabling/enabling Easy Access fixes the issue.
Now I solved my Easy Access issue (from Windows 10 laptop to Windows 10 descktop), the root cause is: Extras -> Options -> Advanced -> Advanced settings for connections to other computers -> Access Control: should be "Full Control" instead of "Confirm All". I don't know why it was changed or something, but this is what I see. Also there are a couple of other configurations that seem to affect the connection in one direction or the other (reverse) direction, note that the two computers are in the same home LAN.
Back to the "Disable Hardware Acceleration" configuration, my experiments show that it might affect the remote control connection, but not very sure. Before I test again, can you clarify whether you advise to disable hardware acceleration on the outgoing side or on the target side. This is important, since I don't want to break anything. Thanks again.
I am glad to heat you could fix the Easy Access issue. 👍
The hardware acceleration has to be disabled on the outgoing side.
I've just tried to disable hardware acceleration on the outgoing side, but the splitters still don't show up. However, I do remember the splitters show up at some point, after I enable, disable hardware acceleration, on either side. So the exact steps to recover splitters are still unknown.