Posted by SteveAW
Henagon

Add LAN IP Address to Contacts

We have a firewall that restricts internet access to several computers, so we connect to them with TeamViewer through the LAN with the IP address instead of the Partner ID.  Is there a way to store remote computer IP addresses in the Contacts list?

13 Replies
13 Replies
Posted by HolmanWebb
Henagon

Re: Add LAN IP Address to Contacts

Especially useful for devices that need to remain off the internet but are still performing a useful task on the LAN. ie windows XP/2003 etc. Currently investigating Aeroadmin for this purpose as it allows IP contacts.

Posted by OllyG
Digon

i have the same problem !
i have purchase the corporate licence and i can't add my private ip to the panel.

Posted by WhiteDragon32
Photon

This function would be very helpful.

Posted by insomniac
Photon

please implement this simple function

Posted by barman1234
Digon

Dear TeamViewer developers, please implement this function, this is simple thing, i have coporate license, on our company is about 300 computers, on connection by ID there is big lag, we must enter manually IP adress to connect to computer by teamviewer, and computers is on contact list by ID so it very frustrating to conect manualy by IP.... please fix this!!!!

Posted by OllyG
Digon

Same for me i have the coporate license, so i have asked at my friend to develop me a small program:

only on windows (& work with shared folder)

tvs.png

Posted by barman1234
Digon

We can do the same by scanning range IP by simple program like Advanced ip scanner and see host names and IP adresses, but this not a solution, we pay teamviewer for coporate license to comfortable connect to devices

Posted by OllyG
Digon

i understand, also you can create a teamviewer shortcut "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" -i LOCAL-IP --Password YOUPASSWORD

but is not a good solution ... i hope teamviewer take consideration about our problem or i will stop the payement and take an another solution like anyd***

tv.png

Posted by barman1234
Digon

Thanks for good idea. It's ok but very unsecure, an unauthorized person can "pull out" password to device :( TEAMVIEWER DEVELOPERS, PLEASE IMPLEMEMENT FUNCTION ADD IP AND HOST NAME TO CONTACT LIST, FIRST REQUEST WAS ON 19 Jun 2017 AND FROM THIS TIME NOTHING IS CHANGED.....

Posted by mlapointe
Digon

this would be a great feature, with the ability to save the password as a contact with a partner ID
Posted by AutomationZBF
Neutron

The same problem! Please add the feature to save LAN computers (IP-address) in Contacts!
Posted by satzinger
Digon

I wish I could use the IP address as well!

Posted by Globalfs
Photon

We are almost in mid of 2019 and we still didn't get a simple Adding LAN to your contact List !

I have more then 100 PC in network, so it's always frustrating to keep writing the IP Address (of couse assuming you remember that) I did create a tool in C# for Windows that do as what OllyG made.

However i made it that with extra few features such as

• Ability to Minimize to tray
  • Defined the command line
  • Add LAN IPes with Names and Passwords
  • Double click Start Session

I made the application for my personal use in the company, if anyone is interested to have, let me know