Dots (.) converted to asterisk (*)

Options
When controlling a Windows machine from a Linux installation of Teamviewer 14.5.5819 it is impossible to use the period key on the number keypad. Instead of passing a "." it passes a "*". The period key on the main portion of the keyboard still works.

Best Answer

Answers

• Krotindesbois
    Options

Arch, and manjaro affected aswell.

Im being fed up with tv.

• overalloutpostm
    overalloutpostm Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

I've been having this issue since TeamViewer 14.4. I opened a ticket and they told me it would be fixed in the next version I just upgraded to the latest 14.6 version and I see that I was lied to. I'm running an extremely standard Kubuntu with a regular US English keyboard layout.

• Krotindesbois
    Options

As an IT admin typing ip adresses all day long having to use the dot on the letter side of keyboard rather than on the key pad is horrendous.

I have started deploying **Third Party Product** on 850 computers....

• ReeseTech
    ReeseTech Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

I am paying WAY too much money to be have issues like this that are flat out ignored. I'm getting tired of the Linux client being a third class citizen. The fact that there is a Linux client in the first place is the only reason I pay for this product. But for $600 a year you'd think we could a litte bit better support.

• ReeseTech
    Options

Still present in 14.6.2452

• ReeseTech
    Options

UUUUUUGGGHHH!!! 

Still present in 14*7*1965 (See what I did there?)

I even updated the remote host to the same version.

• overalloutpostm
    overalloutpostm Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

You're right! I can confirm that this is now fixed for me as well! Thanks for posting this as I hadn't notice the bug was fixed.

• jbod64
    Options
    Awesome! They actually fixed it!